Team Leader (SHS/FSS) Ref: 17/412
- Richmond Fellowship
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Application closing date
- £22,898 (with progression to £24,085)
- South East
- Southend on Sea
- Job Advert
Do you have a significant understanding of mental health issues and substantial experience of working in a Housing and Social Care setting? Would you like to be part of an organisation that counts on the professionalism, insight, expertise and passion of its staff to inspire individual recovery for the people they work with? Then join us as a Team Leader.
Recovery Focus is a new group of expert charities with the shared aim to inspire individual recovery nationwide. Between us we have a track record of more than 200 years of developing and running personalised services that work with people with mental health, substance misuse and other complex needs to achieve their ambitions. Each partner organisation has its own rich history of success, but together we believe we can lead the way in evidence‐based recovery pathways, tailored to meet local and individual needs.
Right now, one of our partners, Richmond Fellowship, is looking for a Team Leader to join the team at Hope Lodge. You’ll be responsible for managing the day‐to‐day delivery of a range of Supported Housing for our clients.
- Deliver on contracts on a daily basis, including, where appropriate, being the first point of contact for Contract Managers
- Make sure data entry to MI & reporting systems is accurate, timely and in line with quality assurance requirements
- Carry out investigations arising from clients, including preparing reports and resolving issues or escalating the problem to a Locality Manager
- Manage the ‘risk load’ within each service including assessing service users, allocating appropriate resources and ensuring safe working practices are in place
- Be responsible for resource management, including line managing and supervising front line staff, managing budgets, flexible rolling ROTA, developing training in line with business plan/LAP and adhering to HR policies.
To succeed, you’ll need an outcome driven, solution focused approach and a proven ability to lead, supervise and motivate staff and delegate work appropriately. You’ll also need:
- Experience of understanding the needs of complex clients and managing resources effectively
- Ideally, a professional social care qualification such as CQSW or CIOH
- A flexible approach to working hours and willingness to participate in on call arrangements
- A flair for managing conflicting demands and priorities and meeting deadlines
- A firm but inclusive management style and the ability to lead by example
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In return, you can expect some great benefits, including 25 days' holiday, contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme and childcare vouchers, plus exceptional professional development and training opportunities.
Subsequent salary progression up to a maximum of £24,085 will apply to this post, subject to the post holder meeting the eligibility and performance criteria.
This post is offered as a fixed term contract ending 31st March 2018.
So, get inspired today. Visit our website and take the first steps towards a more fulfilling career.
Closing date: 19th December 2017
- Job Description & Person Specification