Catering Team Leader Ref: 18/170
- Richmond Fellowship
- Contract Type
- Application closing date
- £24,798.00 (with progression to £25,985)
- South East
- Job Advert
If you have a proven track record in the effective management of a catering service (café, coffee shop, contract catering environment, restaurant etc.), consider a move to our Old Moat Garden Centre Cafe . Our aim is to support individuals with mental health problems to participate in the running of the café and shop through a programme of apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering, and in turn providing a high quality catering and retail experience for customers using our café and shop, as well as employment and volunteering opportunities for individuals with experience of mental health problems.
As well as managing the day-to-day operations, you’ll support individuals with mental health problems who help run the café and shop through a programme of apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering.
As Catering Team Leader, you will also:
- Plan and allocate work on a daily and long-term basis, amongst paid employees, apprentices, and volunteers and regularly review menus to ensure customers needs are reflected
- Develop new services/products in line with the business plan and take the initiative and originate new ideas for work
- Implement and maintain all necessary procedural systems for the Café & Shop i.e. Financial, Asset Management, HR, Operational and Quality Assurance systems and processes
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained for tidiness and cleanliness, products, services and equipment and that Health & Safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Regularly interact with local food producers and providers to reduce food miles and improve quality and freshness of produce.
- Assist with promotion and publicity for the service and develop relationships with local businesses, schools and community groups to help raise mental health awareness
- Ensure all employees, apprentice and volunteers receive induction, supervision, and the training and coaching needed to perform their jobs effectively
To join us as Catering Team Leader, you will need:
- A NVQ Level 3 in Hospitality, or equivalent and an Advanced Hygiene qualification
- An interest in, and commitment to, working with people with mental health problems
- Good knowledge of H&S policy and procedures, particularly Food Safety
- Experience of selling products or services, negotiating supplier contracts and motivating, supervising and training employees
- A proven ability to maintain appropriate records and implement new procedures
- Lots of initiative, calmness under pressure, and, ideally, some experience of working with individuals to promote well being
- Excellent organisational, communication, customer service and office IT skills (including experience using Microsoft Office 2000 applications like Word, Excel, Access etc.)
- To work alternate weekends and some evening cover
Managing more than 120 services nationwide, Richmond Fellowship provides an immensely diverse range of services to people with mental health needs.
We offer great benefits, including 25 days’ holiday per year, contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme and childcare vouchers.
Closing Date: 29th May 2018
- Job Description & Person Specification